A guide on different types of basic electronics components
Author Zizzur Staff. Published on August 20, 2011 - 7:42 pm (475 views — 369 words
An electronic device or appliance is composed of different parts known as electronic components. These basic electronics components are put together using a circuit diagram a s a guide to come up with a new device or appliance. An example of which is a CPU that contains various basic electronic components put together.It all starts with a circuit board or mother board ( CPUs) which has all the components inside. An electronic circuit is responsible for some functions within a device. For example, radios typically have amplifiers to increase volume.
There are two different varieties of basic electronic components. There are active at the same time passive components. This is a more detailed description of each variety:
* Passive components are ones that does not provide net energy into the circuit they are connected with. They also cannot rely on a source of power except for what is available from the (AC) circuit they are connected to. This would result then for their inability to act as an amplifier of the signal;yet, it is possible to add voltage or current using a transformer or resonant circuit. Two-terminal components like resistors, capacitors, inductors, and most types of diodes are classified as passive components.
* Active components solely rely on an energy source coming from a DC; furthermore, it is also possible to add some power into a circuit but not required at all. Among included are amplifying components such as transistors, triode,vacuum tubes(valves), and tunnel diodes.One of the most valuable electronic components that solid state electronics depend upon are resistors.
Usually, there are three main parameters for resistors, yet solid state electronics would only need two parameters in many cases.
* Resistance - the value of resistance, measured in Ohms.
* Power - The amount of power the resistor can handle safely. Excessive power can break the resistor due to overheating which can be noticed immediately.
* Voltage - Not usually specified, but this is the maximum voltage that may appear across a resistor. It is a measure of the maximum voltage that may exhibit. If you are intending to build your own device such as radio, you would realize that your knowledge of basic electronic components are very valuable.